Luxury 3 bedroom contemporary chalet in the Pyrenees
If you appreciate comfort and space and being in a quiet location, yet within walking distance of shops, ski slopes and restaurants, with stunning mountain and lake views….. La Marmotte is for you.
Imagine a holiday where you can wake up and open your bedroom doors onto a garden with lake and mountain views beyond. Eat your fresh croissants and baguettes on the large terrace in the morning sun and after a day of exploring the area, relax on the terrace and with a glass of wine in hand as you lean on the balustrades, soaking up the uninterrupted views, ask yourself if you’d rather be anywhere else?
- Free navette (bus) stop (in season) 200m
- Nearest Restaurant 400m
- Town centre 500m
- Nearest ski lift 700m
- Telecabine 900m
Built into the hill and to make the most of the fantastic views, La Marmotte is an “upside-down” house with living accommodation upstairs and bedrooms downstairs
First Floor – the chalet’s living area
- Entrance Hall with storage and WC
- Open plan lounge / kitchen / dining area with double doors leading to balcony / terrace
- Fully equipped kitchen – 4 ring hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, food processor, fridge/freezer, toaster and coffee machine
- Separate room with sofa, TV and double doors leading to balcony and terrace. Door to adjoining bathroom with bath (and shower over), double sink
- Terrace of 20m with table and views
Ground Floor – the chalet’s bedrooms
- Bedroom One – King size bed. Double doors opening onto the garden. Door to separate dressing room with washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- Bedroom Two – King size bed, wardrobe and shelving for storage (no window)
- Bedroom Three – Double doors opening onto the garden, 4 single beds arranged as 2 sets of bunk beds
- Bathroom – Shower, WC, sink
With the exception of bedroom two, and bathrooms, all rooms in the house have doors to the rear with uninterrupted views over fields, to the Lac de Matemale and beyond to the mountains of the “Espace Cambre D’Aze”. All beds have mattresses with springs and all bed linen and towels are provided.
The house is equipped with internet access along with wifi – instructions for connection provided at the chalet.
A baby kit can also be provided free of charge which includes a:
- travel cot (with additional soft mattress)
- high chair, microwave steriliser
- changing mat
- 3 wheel pushchair with rain cover and cosy
- rucksack for carrying a child from approx 7 mths to 3 years
- children’s cutlery and plates.
Please ask for more details.
Just because you’re in a ski resort doesn’t mean you have to put up with a garden more like a black run. Ours is a flat garden with a 1 metre high fence running all around – it’s a great space for children to play in. And if your children are a bit more grown up, then there are hectares of fields below the chalet to run around in. There’s also a 20m south east facing wooden terrace at first floor level with table and seating for 8 for outdoor eating (great for keeping tracks on older children playing in the fields below). Additionally there are 2 sun loungers, 4 comfortable chairs and a barbecue is provided.
There is a garage opposite the house with plenty of room for storing bikes, ski’s, sledges etc. Ample parking outside the house (private road with no passing traffic).